Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Outdoor Mix Festival - AWP Extreme Kayak World Cup

On May 8th to 12th I was in the Hautes Alpes in France to compete on the Outdoor Mix Festival, true multisport event and by the way 1st stop on the AWP Extreme Kayak World Cup.

How does it work? 5 races on 5 different spots on 5 days.

Outdoor life and beautiful mornings in the Hautes Alpes.

Extreme slalom on Malafosse.

During the boater cross qualif where I'll be kicked out at the quarter final.

Guil full of water!!
Photo: Kévin Castle

Long race on the Guil, FAT!!
Photo de Mathieu Dumoulin

This week was quite hard for me, I had a good shape but I didn't paddle that much and I felt it...
I was often late on my paddling and didn't had that much points of reference.
I was doing beautiful kayaking but not fast at all. Not that cool to pretend to be on the top paddlers.
At the end, I'm a bit frustrated cause the shape was good, just missing hours on the water...

Thanks to the organizers!!

No comments: