Sunday, November 4, 2012

Agout River Gathering

As every year, the last weekend of October took place the Agout River Gathering which is the oldest kayakers gathering in France.

They open the dam for the weekend so all kayakers and kayak clubs from all France drive to the little village of Brassac and paddle the Agout river.
Brassac in center south of France.

This year the weather was really cold, 2°C in the afternoon...

Few of my local kayak club members, Hugo, Marc, Gautier my brother, myself and Yannis.

Actually there's one rapid where every one stopped at least to wacth all the carnages and then paddle down the "Escalier de la Peyre" (a class 5 they said, but it's a 4+).
Due the really cold weather we only stopped there to take few photos.
Marc

Pascal had a good line at the top...

...but got stucked and swam... BEER!!

My brother Gautier.

Gautier

First time down the Escalier de la Peyre for Hugo, a kid I coach at the kayak club.

A smooth line and this smile says all!!

First time too for Yannis another kid I coach, what a smooth line!! Well done!!

Grollemund borthers together in!!

myself

myself

I use the Large FLUID Bazooka, yeah it's large but soooo good!!



I loved so much my Level6 kevlar mitts during the weekend!!
The grip is great and it's super warm!!

Well, once again we all had good times on the Agout river and I'll be back next year for sure!!
Thanks to the organizors for all the work they did!!

No comments: