Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Collarbone fixed... Well, almost...

Yep, worst is gone!!!!
I had a surgery on my collarbone 2 days ago.
The surgery was mandatory for me because of the fracture and also as kayaker.
Well, the operation was pretty good.
I've now a beautiful titanium plate, 7 screws and 25 staples to close the cut.


the bump one day before surgery.


before surgery


After surgery with the plate, 7 screws and 25 staples.


Few hours after operation... Still a bit of anesthesia!!
The little bottle is the drain, which comes under the cut to drain off the blood.


2 days after surgery.
The 25 staples and the drain below, which is in by more or less 10 centimeters...

About next, I keep the plaster for 4 weeks minimum, they'll pull me out the staples in 3 weeks.
After that will be rehabilitation for few weeks again, yep I'll have to make my left shoulder and arm in a good shape!!!

I hope to be able to paddle on flat water around the end of Apil, for next we'll see how's going on!!!

I'll keep you posted for sure...

No comments: