Thursday, July 2, 2009

Natural Games 2009 - Millau, France


An other great event, the Natural Games the international outdoor sports festival... and it's just the second edition!!!!!!

The program of the weekend:
Kayaking
Rockclimbing
Paragliding
Downhill mountain biking
Slak line
Dirt mountain biking
Base jumping

And of course some good concerts and lot of demos of outdoor sports
It was a real pleasure to see how this event is growing up and begins one of the best outdoor sports event!!

I arrived in Millau friday night just after the work, well I can't try the hole of the competition.
I join Max and Alban of Adrenagliss who were working on their stand for the second year at the Natural Games!!
No matter, friends are here to enjoy the party and have a great time, I don't have to beef!!


Val, loop

Saturday morning, I try the hole for 30 minutes just before my qualification runs and let's go for the competition... I do as I can my qualification runs and I'm selected for the quarter final.


Martina Wegman (NL), 1st K1W


the famous DJ playing table, version Fluid Kayaks!!


Alex "Jakette" Besseau, the best C1 paddler since the start of the season, is 1st again!!!
Good job buddy!!


Stefun Pion and Mat Dumoulin make the show in front of a massive crowd!!


Stefun Pion


Demo of slak line


Paragliders

After the kayak competition, go back to the village to enjoy the dirt MTB and especially Simon Belin and Léo Delfour-Barsacq!!
After that, the party really starts!!


Simon Belin the Superman of Millau


A huge back flip condor of Simon Belin

The sunday morning kayak finals makes lot of noise with some awesome runs where all the riders go big in front of a happy crowd!!


Mat Dumoulin guest star of this event, 4th K1M


Mat Coldebella great and awesome K1 winner, Tricky-Woo


Colin, Space Godzila


Querine Wegman (NL), 3rd K1W




As every year, the sunday is the dau of the Boater Cross.
I stay at the doors of the finals with a very hard semi final where I can't achieve to paddle at my level... I'll think when it's not steep I can't go big!!


Mat Coldebella goes back home with his trophy, congrats!!

I'll go back at the Natural Games next year for sure, more for the permanent show and the atmosphere than the competition.

Congratulations to the organization for this beautiful event!!
Congrats also to all the kayakers for the show!!

See you next year!!

Photos:
Alban Gardes http://www.adrenagliss.com/
Val Grollemund

www.naturalgames.fr

No comments: